Did you know that essential oils can help foster and ignite your creativity?
Because essential oils can evaporate quickly, their molecules are easily inhaled and then used by our brains through our sense of smell. This creates triggers that can profoundly affect our emotions and mood. YAY!!
As you begin to use specific oils as a part of your daily creative practice, your brain will identify them as triggers and know that it’s time to settle in and create. It’s also wonderful for children as they explore and learn.
I use Young Living Certified Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils because the Seed to Seal is the set of standards that helps ensure that with every pure essential oil product my family uses, I’m enjoying the benefits of global resources, industry leadership, and over two decades of innovation. The result is a pristine final product that I know has been created with conscientious Sourcing, Science, and Standards—the three pillars of Seed to Seal.
Now, what oils help to usher in joy, calm, communication, vision, confidence & concentration? Here are some of my creative favorites.
1. TANGERINE: THE OIL OF JOY
The bright, citrusy scent of tangerine can lift the darkest of moods and bring qualities of playfulness and cheer to our creative work.
Tangerine helps break through and get to work with a child-like sense of purpose and help you tap into an abundant pool of creative energy that is already within you, just waiting to be released.
- To boost creative energy and uplift your mood, place one to two drops in the palm of your hand, rub them together and cup them over the nose and mouth for 30 seconds.
- Apply to wrists or abdomen to promote feelings of happiness.
- Drink Tangerine Vitality oil in your water for happy citrus summer fun!
2. FRANKINCENSE: THE OIL OF CALM
The soft, spicy scent of frankincense is a tonic for our nervous system, calming and soothing the whole body and mind. This is a gentle, nurturing oil that helps us feel cared for and guided to be our clearest, best creative self.
- Apply this essential oil to the bottoms of the feet to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance your mood.
- Diffuse frankincense during your creative practice to focus your intention and to evoke feelings of peace and satisfaction.
3. LAVENDER: THE OIL OF COMMUNICATION
Lavender essential oil cannot be beat for aiding our ability for expression. It calms the insecurities that sometimes surface when we are beginning a new project or exploring new ideas. It can reduce anxious feelings. It’s like a swiss army knife in all of the ways it supports positive, relaxing energy!
- Diffuse lavender to promote feelings of calm.
- Keep a small bottle of lavender oil and water to mist your face and bring an instant sense of well-being and clarity.
4. CLARY SAGE: THE OIL OF VISION
This lovely oil can help change our perceptions, dispelling our limiting beliefs about our work and opening our hearts and minds to new possibilities. It can inspire us to rely more on our intuition and expand our horizons.
Clary Sage is one of the most relaxing, soothing and balancing essential oils, creating a restful environment while reducing feelings of stress and anxiety.
- Diffuse this essential oil while you work to synergistically soothe and calm the nervous system, allowing for more clarity in your creative practice.
- Apply one to two drops of clary sage oil to the bottoms of the feet or to the pulse points before you begin your work.
5. JASMINE: THE OIL OF CONFIDENCE
The most feminine of the oils, jasmine brings a gentle sense of euphoria to the mind, body and spirit. When we feel elated, we feel more confident and ready to tackle even our biggest projects. Many perfumes have notes of Jasmine, for good reason.
- Diffuse this oil to evoke feelings of joy, peace and self-confidence.
- Rub a drop onto your third eye (the space between the eyebrows) for a spacious feeling of optimism. It’s wonderful for the skin, too!
6. PEPPERMINT: THE OIL OF CONCENTRATION
Nothing wakes me up like a drop of peppermint oil rubbed onto the back of my neck or onto my temples. And side note: it’s a great cool down for those menopausal hot flashes! This bright, minty oil brings a sense of joy and buoyancy to the heart and soul, helping us to let go of inhibitions and really concentrate on the task at hand. It invigorates the mind and spirit while also helping us to breathe in more clean, clear inspiration.
- Inhale peppermint oil straight from the bottle for a non-stimulant, invigorating pick-me up during long work sessions.
- Rub on temples before you work for an energy boost.
- Diffuse when feeling fatigued or low on energy and really need a boost for your concentration.
- Drink one drop of Peppermint Vitality in your water for instant refresher!
These are single oils, but I also love to incorporate synergistic blends like Joy, Clarity, Hope, Abundance, Dream Catcher…
the possibilities are endless.
Want to know more about Essential Oils? Click HERE