1. Root Chakra (Muladhara) (RED)
Located at the base of spine in tailbone area, this is where our sense of security lies.
- Use Patchouli for an enhanced sense of grounding and stability.
2. Sacral Chakra (Svadhistana) (ORANGE, LIGHT RED)
The lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel and 2 inches in— our creativity and sexuality.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura) (YELLOW)
The upper abdomen, in the stomach area — our self-esteem and confidence.
- Use Cinnamon to help heat up this power center, or peppermint to cool any excess fire in the system.
4. Heart Chakra (Anahata) (GREEN)
Located in the center of chest just above heart.
5. Throat Chakra (Vishudha) (BLUE)
Located in the throat — the center for self-expression.
- Use Eucalyptus to help clear sinuses and cure a sore throat or coughing, allowing this passageway to become free and clear for self-expression.
6. Third Eye Chakra (Ajna) (INDIGO)
At the forehead and in between the eyes is the gateway to our intuition.
- Lavender oil is incredibly calming and great for the nervous system. We can calm the active mind with lavender to reach a higher state of consciousness.
7. Crown Chakra (Sahasrara) (VIOLET)
The very top of the head is our universal connection to beauty and spirituality.
- Frankincense is one of the most spiritually-charged oils. It has been around for thousands of years, and brings us mental peace and clarity.